Cube 2: Sauerbraten
First of all, welcome to Cube 2: Sauerbraten! To start off, if you are looking for help with the game itself, refer to the Documentation below. Here are some places of interest on the internet, which are related to Sauerbraten.
- Cube and Cube 2 Engines: Start Page for the Cube Engine series.
- Cube 2: Sauerbraten: The Sauerbraten FPS (First Person Shooter) Homepage.
- Quadropolis: Online Cube Engine community, with user made maps, mods, and scripts.
- Sauerbraten IRC Channel: Online public chat with Cube developers, supporters and fans, via the QuakeNet IRC Network.
- Cube Forums: If after reading the documentation and wiki you still have any questions, you can try searching the forums. If your question isn't answered there, you can try posting to a relevant thread, or creating your own, being sure to supply a good description of your problem, and your operating system/hardware/software setup, while refraining from wild accusations.
Cube 2: Sauerbraten is multiplayer/singleplayer FPS freeware game project, and soon an RPG game project. The sourcecode for the engine used in these games is Open Source (ZLIB licence, read the "License" section below carefully before starting ANY kind of project based on this engine).You will want to read (in roughly this order):
- Game: Information on gameplay.
- Config: How to run the game, configure it for your machine, and extend it with scripts.
- Editing Tutorial: A guide to making maps.
- Editing Reference: Map making reference.
- Models: How to put models into the game.
- History: For seeing latest changes.
- Wouter "Aardappel" van Oortmerssen: A lot of the general code, and the original concept and design. (website)
- Lee "Eihrul" Salzman: ENet networking library, *nix ports, and a lot of the general code, especially rendering/lightmaps/physics related. (website).
- Mike "Gilt" Dysart: General programming, especially editing/physics related.
- Robert "a-baby-rabbit" Pointon: GUI and particle rendering code, MacOSX porting. (website)
- Julian Mayer: Mac OS X ports.
- Adrian "driAn" Henke: MD3 code.
- Jerry Siebe: Geometry rendering optimisations.
- Kurt "kdoom" Kessler: A bunch of DM/capture maps, k_rpg1.
- Shane Nieb: demomap, nmp* maps.
- John "metlslime" fitzgibbons: metl* maps.
- MitaMan: singleplayer episodes
- With additional maps by: Aardappel, driAn, Gilt, voot, Bryan "KillHour" Shalke, staffy, sparr, JCDPC, ZappaZ, RatBoy, Fanatic, rocknrol, KaiserTodretter, BlikjeBier, wurfel, aftasardem, Lazy [HUN], Gregor Koch, Junebug, Gabriele "Blindabuser" Magurno, MeatROme, TUX, Mayhem, mIscreant, schmutzwurst, Kal, DairyKing, Hero, WahnFred, and others.
Art and Content
- John "Geartrooper" Siar: Mr. Fixit, Ironsnout, RPG characters, monsters, new hudguns and vweps.
- MakkE: Mapmodels, old hudguns, items.
- Dietmar "dcp" Pier: Mapmodels, old hudguns.
- DarthVim: Old hudguns.
- Shane Nieb: Old hudguns, skyboxes.
- Sock: The egyptian & tech texture sets (website).
- Iikka "Fingers" Keranen: The ikbase ik2k texture sets (website).
- Lunaran, Gibbie, Gregor Koch, Jésus "aftasardem" Maia, MitaMan, and philipk: Normalmapped texture sets.
- Additional art by: metlslime (textures), Than (textures), Remedy Entertainment Ltd (textures), Seth & Ulrich Galbraith (GPL models), Brian "EvilBastard" Collins, Conrad, Magarnigal, Psionic, James Green, Andreas Möller, Ryan Butts & Jeramy Cooke (md2 models), KaiserTodretter (items), Tentus (mapmodels), Kurt Kessler (mapmodels), Philip Klevestav (textures), leileilol/OpenArena (GPL bullet hole decal).
Sounds and Music
- Marc "Fanatic" A. Pullen: Soundtrack.
- Kristian "sleepwalkr" Duske: website / messageboard, hosting, master server.
- Quinton "quin" Reeves: Community, documentation, wiki, and development help. (website).
- Pushplay: Documentation help.
- The SDL team: For their libraries.